About American Hydrotech
American Hydrotech, Inc.®, is a recognized leader in the development, production and distribution of premium waterproofing and roofing products. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, the company was founded in 1977 after acquiring the United States distribution rights for Monolithic Membrane 6125®, a unique hot fluid-applied rubberized asphalt waterproofing membrane developed in the early 1960’s by Uniroyal Ltd. The membrane has been installed worldwide on over 2 billion square feet of roof decks, plazas, vertical foundations, reflecting pools and other structures in over 80 countries.
Today, Hydrotech’s flagship product remains Monolithic Membrane 6125, the original hot fluid-applied rubberized asphalt membrane for waterproofing and roofing applications. MM6125 contains a minimum 40% recycled content and is thick, seamless, easy to detail and bonds directly to the substrate. The product has been in the marketplace for 50 years, with an unsurpassed performance history.
American Hydrotech, Inc. has achieved continued growth through the addition of new products and assemblies and expansion of marketing efforts. Hydrotech products are sold through an extensive network of sales representatives, many of whom are recognized industry-wide as roofing and waterproofing experts. Furthermore, Hydrotech's products are only sold to pre-approved contractors, to ensure quality of workmanship during installation.
Additional products and assemblies available from Hydrotech include:
- Architectural finish pavers as part of the Ultimate Assembly®
- Garden Roof® Assembly, vegetated roofs
- Hydrodrain®, a family of drainage composites
- Styrofoam™ brand insulation products
- Hydroguard®, a lightweight insulation/ballast board for Protected Membrane Roof (PMR) applications
- HydroSeal®, to address a variety of conditions that do not allow for typical membrane flashing termination requirements
- Geofoam lightweight expanded polystyrene (EPS) engineered fill for use in applications to provide topography or increase the depth of the assembly without adding significant weight
- VM60®, a self-adhering waterproofing membrane for vertical applications